Links We Love "AJW Design"

Say Hello to Alycia Wicker  of  AJW Design Co.


1. Why did you started your business?

I started my business in 2009 after I had been a stay home mom for a few years and I was looking to get back to interior design work, but switching from the boring world of commercial design and project management to the more creative side of residential design.

2.what makes you different from other interior designers?

I design. You shop. It's interior design you can't mess up... I create easy-to-follow design guides for peeps who want to rock their home decor. Think of me as your decorating tour guide. Depending if you need just paint color palette or an entire room design, I make interior design fun and easy for you to finish the project on your own with my help. You make the room design happen at your own pace as your schedule and budget allow. You, fancy pants interior decorator? Go ahead, take the credit. I won't tell.

3.How did you started your business?

It all started with my Barbie Dream House. I had this hankering to design the inside more than I cared to dress up the dolls. Clothes and fashion had no part in my life as much as creating wooden furniture, drapes and bedding for my Barbie dolls to act out their soap opera drama. Years later, I still love a good soap opera and reality TV shows. When I’m not dreaming up ways to improve upon dream homes, scouring design blogs or being addicted to the internet, I have other hobbies. I enjoy paranormal shows, experiencing model homes and making my family and friends laugh.

4.what do you want your clients to know about you & your business?

My clients are smart and have designed their dream Barbie House in their heads many times over. But sometimes they need a partner to translate their thoughts to create rooms they’ve dreamt about. Sometimes they need draperies or blinds and I do that, too. If you are someone that is likely to be offended by cussing, inappropriate jokes, or is a brand name snob, we wouldn’t be a good match. My personality has been compared to the girl from the movie “Juno” by friends. I love working with honest to goodness fun people like myself that want to create a partnership that results in beautiful spaces.

5.What has been a funny or memorable client you will never forget?

Here's a link to one funny encounter I had with another designer while I was waiting for my client (it's too long to post here). http://www.e-decorating.com/get-over-yourself


My website is http://www.e-decorating.com/ and you can also find me on Twitter www.Twitter.com/AlyciaWicker and Facebook - www.fb.me/edecorating

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrations during Quarantine! πŸ₯³πŸ₯³πŸ₯³